UoB Django (People Profiler) Unavailable
Due to the Oracle databases being unavailable since they are undergoing a scheduled upgrade
June 11 2015 - 8 am to 12 am
The applications delivered by UoB Django are:
- uob-profiler - People profiler for staff and postgrads to create profiles for display on departmental or research theme websites.
- uob-portal - generates XML from datahub data for consumption by the portal
- uob-pro - houses small bespoke apps for the Public Relations Office - first one the global maps / countries site
- uob-cmm - Centre for multilevel modelling external research paper repository
- uob-reports - Generic reporting tool for Oracle or other bespoke databases (e.g. sqlite, ZODB pickles)
- uob-ethics - University wide ethics tool for RED
- uob-scrapy - Generic web spider application - initial use to assess cookie usage within UoB
- uob-migrator - currently part of uob-reports migration tool and scheduler system for Plone to T4 export
- uob-scholarships (forthcoming) - University scholarships - criteria based search and records
- uob-news (forthcoming) - Planet app to allow aggregation - RSS/Atom crawler - of any News sources, restful browse API and wrapping with UoB website chrome
- stureps.django - Student representatives application for the portal
Perhaps the highest usage application is the People profiler, used for the majority of University of Bristol, Staff and Postgraduate profiles.
Hence handling around 25% of the Universities public web traffic.
We are very sorry for this outage.
Please visit PURE research for information about People in the mean time.